The Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute School of Art Artists in Residence Program
consists of two artists from different disciplines recruited via a nationwide search to live and work on the MWPAI/PrattMWP campus for one academic year. AIR’s are an energizing and crucial component of creative life on campus.
The program is designed for emerging artists and/or recent MFA graduates in the visual arts to gain teaching experience within the School of Art’s noncredit program while developing their studio practice. Artists receive support for these endeavors by being provided with housing,
studio, meals, professional opportunities, and financial support. MWPAI and the surrounding community gain creatively from interactions with resident artists.
MWPAI is calling for artists in two disciplines that would benefit from focused studio time and an interest in teaching; Video Artists and Communication Design (ie:Graphic Design, Illustration) artists working in a studio environment. Graphic artist applicants whose work bridges design and fine art are encouraged.
- Residency is nine months.
- August 22, 2016 through May 22, 2017.
- Two artists working in different media are in residence simultaneously.
- Call for artists rotates through disciplines each academic year.
- Artists receive two stipend payments of $1,250 in May and in January for a total of $2,500.
- Fall and Winter session non-credit teaching opportunities paid hourly rate.
- Furnished 2 bedroom apartment with shared living and kitchen in the heart of the MWPAI campus.
- Second floor studio space in the Tracy Street Studio building.
- Cafeteria meal plan.
- Access to school facilities in your discipline.
- Joint spring exhibition, artist talk, winter open studio and promotion for these events.
For more information: http://www.mwpai.org/learn/artists-in-residence/