Applications for the 2018/19 Artist in Residence program are now being accepted in ANIMATION and PAINTING/DRAWING.
Applications may be submitted now through Monday, March 5, 2018, Midnight EST.
The Munson-Williams- Proctor Arts Institute School of Art Artists-in Residence program (AIR) allows two emerging artists from different disciplines to live and work on the MWPAI and PrattMWP College of Art & Design campus in Utica, NY for one academic year.
The AIR program is designed for emerging artists or recent visual arts MFA graduates. Residency artists are an energizing and crucial component of the creative life on our campus. The artists interact with the local creative community while developing a self- directed studio practice. This includes giving lectures to PrattMWP students, and teaching a community arts education class while being involved in select MWPAI public programs.
Artists receive financial support, housing, meals, a studio and an exhibition opportunity.
MWPAI calls for two artists that would benefit from focused, self-directed studio time and an interest in teaching in the following areas, ANIMATION and PAINTING/DRAWING
- Residency is nine months.
- August 20, 2018 through May 20, 2019.
- Two artists working in different media are in residence simultaneously.
- Call for artists rotates through disciplines each academic year.
- Artists receive two stipend payments of $1,250 in September and in January for a total of $2,500
- Fall and Winter session non-credit teaching opportunities in the Community Arts Education program; paid compensation as an Community Arts Education Instructor and subject to enrollment guidelines.
- Second floor studio space in the Tracy Street Studio building.
- Joint fall artists talk, winter open studio, spring exhibition, and promotion for these events.
- Furnished two-bedroom apartment with shared living and kitchen in the heart of the MWPAI campus.
- Cafeteria meal plan. (19 meals per week while college program is in session)
- Access to school facilities in your discipline.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com